Followers

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What a Day!

This beautiful Ocotillo Cactus is in the yard next door to Lanny's (Biglefti) house in Sun City West.  

Lanny on his GS1200 BMW.  He bought this bike to ride to Alaska next Summer.

Only 72 degrees here today, and there was a few light sprinkles.  I'm going back to Yuma!  We'll be heading out in the morning on these Wings

Lanny buying a new camera.  Here's the story.......
To start with, I left Yuma this morning. On the way out of the park, I took a picture of another trailer in the park that was just put up for sale.  Nice looking trailer, with an Arizona room, and enclosed patio for partying or parking. Anyway, after filling my Circle K cup, I rolled out I-8. Stopped in Gila Bend to take a couple of interesting, I thought, pictures.  One I even backtracked about a half mile after thinking it over, to get the shot. Then took a few more going up I-85.  Arrived in Sun City West and took pictures of the pretty cactus and several other pictures of Lanny and his bikes.  Also, snapped these with the phone.  We went shopping for a Rand McNally atlas, and rode around some.  Returned to the house and Jeannie, Lanny's wife took a picture of us with his camera. Then she gave his camera to me to take a picture of him. (complicated).  I put his camera in my fairing while handing Jeannie my phone to take another picture.  Then, we were going to ride into the garage. When I turned the bars on the Wing, I smashed Lanny's camera hard enough for the lense to freeze up beyond use.  A few minutes later I was going to get out my little red Sony to take a picture, an it's GONE.  Must have fallen out of my pocket after taking pictures of the cactus, etc. So...we went to Best Buy and Walmart, and now each of us has a new camera for the trip.  
Very first picture with my new camera!  Lanny is reading instruction on his new one.

No comments: