Followers

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

23 April. Misc. photos

Dave Waugh and I rode out to the Wild House Market for a little shake down cruise on the Connie.  He rode the Harley.


After the Texas trip it was time for some Wing maintenance.  Check valves, change oil and filter, renew sparkplugs, and changed out air filter.  Will also change the rear tire soon.


Having a hoist makes the job easier


Wanna go for a ride?


Made a quick trip down to Sun City West.  Lanny is going to do some modifications to my trailer.  EVERY where you look in their house, Jeannie has Easter flowers or figures.  All very pretty. This is the kitchen table.


Fresh roses


The entry way


Hanging outside the door


Front of the house


Lanny  (Biglefti) lives on Bonanza street.  In a nice neighborhood


After deciding what and how to do the job, Lanny got busy


The project was to install a Rocking Wheel Chock for the front wheel, and change the rail so the wide tire on the Goldwing would fit better.  It had to come apart some to do it.


I brought the wheel chock down with me. Relatively inexpensive one from Harbor Freight 


This is what came on the trailer.  It's gone now


Cut and bend


Wanted to leave the rail on for strength, but needed to cut and flatten the sides.  Big tools for the project


Takes skill to keep it even and avoid cracking


Pat and Jeannie.  Sidewalk Superintendants


Knocking out the old rivits


Lanny did 90% of the work, but I did some drilling, lifting and holding.  You know, the hard part :-)


Finished and ready for the test


Getting dark, but Lanny loaded his bike on the trailer.  Works perfect!.  Will make loading by myself a lot easier now.


We've all seen disguised cell phone towers, but this is sort of "overkill"  Near Wickenburg this morning 


We spent the night in the Phoenix area, and are on our way home.  This will part of I-11 someday very soon.  They have been working on it for some time now


These rocks always make me think of our friend, and many of yours, Chunk.  We stopped here a couple of time so he could take pictures.  R.I.P. my friend


Even though it's been an exceptionally dry year, Springtime brings on a verdant desert.


Wikiup is slowly turning into a Ghost town.  There are fewer businesses every year. But..a few news ones too. 


Important Post Office.  Yesterday we stopped here to mail off our Passports for renewal.  Had my first one in 1964, they last 10 years, so this is the 5th time I've had it renewed.  They won't let me use the picture I had taken for the first one when I was 24 years old.  And, also had to return a form to the AZ District Court.  I was summoned for Jury Duty for the whole month of June.  I sent in a request to be excused.  Would have to travel from Kingman to Prescot for duty.


Nice Cactus


Dave and Romy's trailer in from of our house.  Nice little King Ranch Ford pulling it.


The garage is too full.  Taxes and insurance is killing me. This will have to go, but I'll probably take of the Givi trunk to install on the Burgman.  Unless it's a deal breaker, then I'd probably leave it on.  Nice bike. 8300 miles on it, Runs like new!

No comments: