Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sept 8, 2013

The cup is full of chocolate truffle, the top is cream cheese non-fat yogurt.  $1.79 for all you can get into your cup at Maverick Stations.  I usually get my money's worth. They have 6 flavors

Last Thursday we went to the Riverside Celebrity Room to see Hot Hula Swing.  They got me on stage, and for the performance, I got a flower thingy.  Pearly Shells, and all that stuff.
This 47 Knucklehead belonged to Burt Lancaster.  His father bought it new in 1947 and it's been in the family all this time. There are MANY interesting cars and bikes here at the Riverside in Laughlin

This bike traveled the World for 10 years.  We ordered the book the rider wrote about his 10 year trip.

57 Ford Ranchero

I owned a Super Bee just like this when I met Pat.  It was green though.  She said she married me for my car, then I sold it.

Ladies of Laughlin. They don't eat much.

Hot Hula Swing show.  Forgot my camera, took this with the phone just before the battery went dead

Saturday morning Kenny and I rode out to Peach Springs. The Walapai Lodge is on the Reservation.  The restaurant had EXCELLENT food!  The Habanaro-Guava hot sauce was to die for!

Been by here dozens of time, but for some reason, never stopped.  Now it will be a destination more often

Kenny wandering around in the lobby.  Cheapest rooms are $100 a night plus a few kinds of taxes.  They give you a pair of ear plugs when you check in, the Rail Road tracks run right behind the motel.  
6:45 PM, Sunday Sept. 8, 2013.  Thunder clouds over the Peacock Mountains.  From our back yard on Kingman.

We have 4 or 5 birds that are regulars.  Pat hopes they follow us to Yuma next month.  They greet her in the morning when she's out here having her coffee, and keep us entertained all day.
The Prime Rib Room.  The salad bar is buffet style, with a huge selection. Then you can get your vegetables, sides and bread dishes.  The waiter then comes to your table with a choice of Prime Rib, half a chicken, or Fish of the day. One or Two selections there.  Then you pick out the piece of meat..from end cut to Rare, and they cut and serve.  This one was medium, it was actually more done than the picture look. Totally slow cooked melt in your mouth tender.

1 comment:

Cranky VROC 16804 said...

Both looked good! That yogurt would be my downfall! Nice to get leid! GBG Cranky