Followers

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

San Diego ride

Kenny and Thelma.  We're at Imperial Gardens in Bard, CA.  They are having their first Shake.

San Diego was cloudy and cool when we arrived here at my Daughter Debra's house.
Kenny and Thelma rode down from Kingman to join me for the ride to San Diego. They will spend a few days here in Yuma

Inside my daughter Debra and her husband Jim's home.  We had a chilly ride out Interstate 8 to get here.  About 170 miles. Crossed 3 passes over 4100 feet elevation.  Got down to 48 degrees!  I was prepared, but my "new to the West Coast" friends from Arizona almost froze on the bike.

Haven't know where this old boot camp picture was for years!  Debra's grandmother gave it to here some time ago.  Was I really ever that young? I think 19 when this was taken in Alameda, California

Debra prepared a sumptuous lunch.  Back in Yuma now, and still full!

Can't remember what kind of cake his was, but the Rum/Carmel sauce was delicious!  The hole cake was deliciousI'm never eating again!  Thanks to Deb and Jim for a good visit and some fine dining! And thanks to Kenny and Thelma for going with me.

No comments: