Followers

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Start of Florida Trip

Kudzu!  (not you, Dan)  This stuff grows everywhere in the South


A friend of mine wants to sell this 28 foot trailer.  Excellent condition, and she only asking $4800


Ramp door front and back.  Lights in side, partially plywood lined. Was hauled from Wisconson to Kingman, AZ and has been parked for a long time.  That's the only trip it's made.


My seat mates on the flight to Florida.  The mother is a psychiatrist, so is her husband.  The daughter is going to the University of  Arizona and is training to be an Olympic swimmer.  We didn't talk much until the battery went dead on her phone, then she chatted up a storm :-)


Saturday monring.  Miles and miles of Florida Panhandle


Hiway 98 in Mississippi.  The Dad picks them, his boy loads them in the truck.  They are delivering them to a produce stand nearby.  They were very interested in the Whitewing.  Nice folks


Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot in Hattiesburg, Mississippi


My one meal of the day.  Didn't eat the bun.


Motel parking lot flowers


OK


James W.  Bought the bike new.  He's a PhD, Works for HOSPICE as a Pastoral Councillor.  He likes lots of lights!  I arrived on time, made the deal, then rode over 20 miles just trying to get out of town.  I went North, and I-10 was to the South of where James lives. 


Mile after mile of not much.  They don't have a lot of billboards, and all the businesses are behind trees so you can't see them.  I think they lose business because you don't know what's there.  I can't wait to get back to the West.


James (Popa) took this just as I was ready to pull out of his driveway


You know you're in the South..........


I remember having a lot of Beans and Rice at one of these in Oklahoma City back in the 80's.  I think this is the chain that Bill Anderson used to own.  But I could be wrong.


Somewhere in Florida or Georgia or somewhere on I-10


One of several snake filled rivers I crossed


Going into Mobile, Alabama.  From where this was taken, it took over an hour to get through town.  98 degrees, and sticky humidity.  Stop and go traffic just creeping along


All the gas I've used so far has come from Circle K's.  Love their coffee and 79 cent drink refills!


Almost out of Alabama and I haven't seen Slap Out!  But they sell lots of boiled peanuts.


Nice Produce stand.  Passed a bunch of them today after I got off the interstate


Snuffy Smith.  One of my favorite cartoon characters from my youth

No comments: