Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colorful Mexico Feb 5, 13

Early morning ride on the new BB (Black Bike).  Food vendors are serving up breakfast foods

Raymond is the parking lot attendant where I usually part the car if I drive in.  From now on, I'll park my bike here too.  I'm a little "gun shy" after having one stolen in Yuma last week.  He's having a Breakfast Burrito.  Mi Amigo.

Lots of the local workers pick up "fast food" at these little wagons.

All different kinds.  Something for everyone

The dogs are getting a little food too.

Colorful house.  There are lots of these all painted up in bright colors.

Pinatas sort of change with the seasons

Sort of on the fringe of the main tourist area here.  The down town area is getting busy already

The big bowl is where she mixes the dough. Then, puts into the smaller balls.  Rolls them out with this rolling pin, and puts them on the grill as needed for customers.  They are always fresh and warm.  I don't eat negative calories any more, but do remember how good they used to be :-)

Jose is getting set up for the day.  He brings me black coffee, and before long the food shows up.  I don't have to order, unless I want something besides my "usual"

He's pretty safe.  I doubt if anyone has ever said they didn't like their food.

This chicken was gooded on the grill, and put in the fridge over night.  Heating it up until there is fresh made later this morning

My standard "low carb" breakfast

Jose, the owner. His nick name is Molcas, so that's the name of the business.  A Molcas is a mortar and pestle. 

This picture was right next to me in the shop where I had a pedicure this morning.  I like it.  Love Callalilies.

A street grill, next door to Jose's.

Dozens of boths with all sorts of metal and ceramic decorations

The down town tourist area is about 8 square blocks

Another booth

So many people selling mostly the same sort of things.  It's been a slow year so far, but really picking up now.  The town is filling with Snowbirds, mostly Canadians.

Katie's friend.  He taught Kokopelli how to play a flute!

He's really very good.  Been coming here to the town square for about 3 years now.

He can make this thing sound like a full Mariachi Band

Pedicures are only $9.50 here. But they don't do the hot wax.  That's my favorite part, so I go to a shop that charges $13.  Takes about an hour for the whole treatment.

Candy and dried fruit.  The other side is candied nuts.

Best Shrimp taco's in town!  This is a busy place during the busy season.  Fish or Shrimp, and you put on everything you want.

85 degrees on our porch in the shade today.  Came home and installed the Gorilla Alarm on the BB (Black Bike)
Jose's wife is working today

Each one of these blobs of dough will be a lovely tortilla pretty soon.

A master at bending gold wire to make name pins, and other jewelry.

Jim and KT. (new nic may be Yoko:-)  Long story.

No comments: