Followers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another day on Route 66

I can tell by the lack of views, a lot of you are getting bored with some of the same old shots along the Mother Road.  So far, I'm not the least bit tired of taking them, but will try for a little more variety.

Someone's little Oasis.  Probably a dry camp.  Not many utilities out in this area.

While sitting here in my "icecream bar" place, a van came in with 8 people from Mexico.  They were having a fine time, but were about out of gas, and were trying to find the skywalk.  Between their limited English, and my very limited Spanish, I think we got them going the right direction :-)  I hope.

Probably one of the most photographed cars in the World.  Foreigners in the tour buses just love it, as do the US tourists. And, even locals :-)

I had company at my table today

Just sitting here waiting for the bus.  It's been years since a Greyhound has passed this place, so it would be a long wait.

The Neon still works!

There isn't any side door.

She looks the same in all seasons

If you click on the picture you can probably read the signs.  Advertising for the old General Store.  I took a close up, but like the effect of the surrounding area, so used this one

The whitewalls and wheels were getting pretty grubby, so took some time this morning to clean them up.  I don't think the original owner was able to get down to do them (by his own admission) but they cleaned up real well. There is a little corrosion on the fork lowers caused by him leaving bugs on them.  It still looks pretty good.

No comments: