Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

The bus and some Kingman

Ed and I went out for dinner. He had Prime Rib and I had a small steak.

I don't even know the name of this place, but the food was good.

The next morning, We all three went to Patrick's for breakfast. They still have 30 cent coffee. It's not ver strong, but the food is fine. And very resonable. Ed and Carl both had 2 huge pancakes for a buck and a half, and the 30 cent coffee. Since I had a big day of unloading ahead, I needed something besides pancakes :-)

This shot is for Skid and Sandy. The Yogurt shop/Wi'Fi center in Kingman. Had my card stamped every day, will collect two free ones next time. Since I combined Skid's visits with mine.

This is a nice South West style oil, sort of 3 dimential. It's in the new house. I liked it so much, I talked the lady into selling it to us. It's in a hall way.

My bag and "Blondy Pillow" on the floor of the Las Angeles Bus depot. I spent 4 hours there today. Late bus, no seats left to sit on. Stood up and people watched.

The rest are shots of the depot. Mostly foreign speaking folks.

Greyhound doesn't guarentee you a seat, no matter how early you buy a ticket. And no reserved seating. First come, first to board. And, it's you're in the rest room or the Deli, or the battery charging station, or outside smoking, you probably won't get a seat. Been on 3 busses so far today, and every one had every seat taken, and people left behind for the next bus.

People are tired and grumpy.

The heavy lady had been waiting 6 hours, and had bought tickets over a week in advance. They had a Greyhound security guy going around checking out tickets and anyone that had been there 4 hours or more got a voucher for some food in the walk-up deli. I was about to qualify just as the bus came in. Guess I'll have a snack in Bakersfield, I think we have 30 minutes there.

Last shot of the anxiously waiting people in the LA Greyhound Station.

No comments: