Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 1 and 2, 2012

Rebecca, owner and chief Cook at the Mystic Munchies.  She has her own WiFi server now, so you can connect and have some fine foo too!

I can't remember the name of this salad, but something like "Every Thing but the Kitchen Sink"  Homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Switchback.  In downtown Dolan Springs.  Racking up miles so I can do the first service before heading to Utah soon

One of the favorite places to stop
We've all seen large cabs, but this sleeper has to be the largest I've seen!  It was parked out by the Kingman Airport with some heavy equipment loaded on the flatbed

We went to an import shop and brought home a couple of Turkish rugs.  Ended up taking them both back, Pat will have to decide what she wants in the dining room.

May 2nd.  After morning exercise at the health club, I took off on a ride in search for an unmarked spring on Route 66.  My friend Lanny in Phoenix told me about it.

Followed some rough directions I found on the internet. No signs or any indication of a a spring from the road.  When I found these steps, i knew I was there.

These plants only grow near water

Back in the early 1930's, some miners shored up this natural Spring.  Used mainly for the old cars overheating on the way to Sitgreaves Pass.

You can see the bike down on the road bed.  32 rock steps cut out of the hill, then some very difficult to navigate trail to get to the spring.

Someone left some fish food in a zip lock bag by the pond, so after sprinkling some on the water, the fish had a frenzy eating party

There are LOTS of Ocotillo Cactus in the hills, and they are in full bloom

The brightest flowers of this kind I've ever seen!

A popular stop in the 30's and 40's

This was a what Motel's used to look like on Route 66, in the high desert.

Someone told me that if you pull the red flowers off, you can eat the base of them.  I haven't tired it yet, probably not on my diet :-)

I usually stop here at Cool Springs for a can of pop when I come up here.

The desert cactus are really lookin' good this Spring!

Two clean porta potties behind the false front

These are every day runners

We moved to Arizona because it has the prettiest State Flag

This old Ford could tell a lot of stories

Was going to ask what they were asking for this car, but I forgot to.

A stiff, warm breeze up here today

The Mother Road

Well, well.  Never saw a Switchback before!

103 cu in, engine, 6 speed tranny, weighs less than 700 pounds, alloy wheels, hard bags. Can be bare without windshiels or bags in 30 seconds.  It wanted me to take it home.

So I did

It will share the Vault with the XT

We made the deal, I took them the Heritage, and off I went.  We both forgot that I have both sets of keys and the security fobs for the Heritage.  They won't be starting it until I get back there in the morning.  I have to pick up the owners manual and all the other stuff that goes with a new bike then.  Been sort of a nice day! :-)

No comments: