Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco De Mayo

Desert Flower in the Black Mountains

Early morning in downtown Oatman

One Old, Tired, Mean Woman.  One of these days I'll have to go up and meet her.

Kingman Fun Days.  If you don't like old cars, just scroll through the next 30 or so pictures.  Since there were over 800 cars in town today, I did real good to only post about 30 some.

The red flaked paint on the car looked almost exactly like the paint on Jamey T's bike.  I didn't have to nerve to tell the owner his car looked like a Bass Boat :-)




Mid 80's today, people are seeking shade.  The cruise starts at 5 PM

Red Merc.  The radio said there was over 600 cars registered to be in the show, and at least another couple hundred just showed up to drive the cruise, or just park and watch.

Very nice Oldsmobile

The Bass Boat again

There were even 3 or 4 old RV's from the 40's and 50's

I had a 55 Mercury identical to this.  Even with the red painted wheels and the Oldmobile spinner hub caps.  Same color.  Only difference, mine was a 2 door hard top.

One of many food vendors

Some of the same vendors were here last weekend for the Laughlin Bike Rally festivities

They were busy serving up Burgers, Shakes and Fries.

There were several "40 Fords" here.  They are the same age as me, but the all looked to be in better condition.  Pat liked that one.

Old Indian.  Maybe a Mohave.

Very nice Model A, with a newer flat head V-8 engine

Lots of 57 Chevys here, this was one of the nicer ones.

Nice color on the Little Deuce Coupe

Route 66 was closed off, and lined for 6-8 blocks on both sides of the road.  Side streets were also full of Classic Cars


A nice 55.  But.....they were all nice!

Ford Sedan

Love those coupes!

There were a couple of Crown Vics with Continental kits

That Chevy has a small block with a big roots type blower on it.
59  El Dorado, just sectioned.  this is Dream Builders shop. By next year, this will be all finished


We used to have a Harley with this same paint job.  It was on the cover of American Rider Magazine back in 1985

Chopped Sportster.  Not my "cup of tea", but the work was good

I doubt if they use this pickup bed to haul much cow manure out of the barn.

Inside that pretty 40 Ford

The rest of the truck

Another Crown Victoria

Out of all the VERY nice 40 Fords we saw, we both liked this one the best

The unfinished El Dorado again.  A real sled.

Both for sale.  $40K for the black, $38K for the red one.

This Charger is very similar to the 69 Dodge Super Bee I had when Pat and I got married. She said she married me for the car. But, I used to sell cars like I do bikes now, so it didn't last now.  I'm still here, 37 years tomorrow.

Old track racer

I passed up a lot of 49-51 Merc's, and about ran out of cars, so decided to add this one.

50's Bus

A "Big Dog" chopper

A very plain looking Harley, but it will get us home.

That's All, folks!  I used a LOT of restraint not posting all the car pictures.  It was hard to choose which ones, so I just grabbed what you see without any special reason, there were nicer ones, and some not so nice, but I wouldn't have turned down any of them!

No comments: