Followers

Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 25 On the way to Solvang

Famous Wigwam Motel, Route 66.  Just across from The 4E House


A bunch of VROC folk met up here once,  Not planned, just happened.


Jack's Body Shop.  If I had the time and money, wouldn't mind buying one.


Tourist Trap


A bunch of us have done this


Even Canadians


Famous Corner...




New Guy.  Recently added


Living the Dream


I need to start wearing hats more
















Bling is good


7335 Feet.  Just a couple miles West of Flagstaff


Old Ashfork




The Arizona Flagstone Capital of the US.  5 Different rock companies here in Ashfork.  The start of the longest stretch of  Route 66 still intact


Lots of interesting old buildings


Sort of a Ghost Town


Flagstone deliveries by truck and rail


Skid and Sandy petting "The Girls" at Truxton


They are looking for apples or carrots


6800 feet at the Hualpai Lodge


This is for Lanny.  The Handle is working good on the 40 ouncer


Skid and I rode out to Hackberry Store


Record heat


Skid working on his blog in the Kitchen


Inside Peggy Sue's Diner


Ludlow, California


A visit to one of my favorite places


James Dean is still waiting


You can guess where I took this picture


This is Lanny after 6 months on his diet


Yep.  Made it to California


Yuma Canal trout


Might be too true


50's hair style


Like my friend Kenny, Skid can always find someone to talk to


Betty Boop case.  One of them


I know people like this


Susan Shirt






Elvis will tell your fortune for only 50 cents


So true.  Reminded me of Jim and Katie and Joe and Susan


Yum


This waiter has been on duty a long time


One the Road


109 degrees,  Sandy is dying.  But, the Museum was air conditioned


Fine old Harley


I should have a sign like this for the garage


Love it!


Only a few days


The accountant in our group is taking pictures of  very old manual adding machines


He was too fast for The Duke.  


Sandy found a new friend


Some better than average shirts.  Very nice


One of the docents in the museum, Very friendly and helpful


A man in Barstow bought this old shovel head new in 1966.  Only has 8K miles on it.  He loaned it to the museum


My favorite Bird

1 comment:

C.C. Rider said...

I need that sign for my shop. I fix things.....and some of 'em actually work when I'm done.