Followers

Friday, September 11, 2015

ES 2015 Day 3

Morning in Groom.  Near the big cross,  Been raining hard, lots of water in the field behind the signs.

Texas rest area,  The restrooms are inside the little mountain

Sharmock, TX.  Home town of Bill (Midnight Cowboy) Mach.  Route 66

U Drop in is now a museum

Stopped in OKC to take the new computer into Best Buy.  Within a half mile there is this Harley shop, A couple sporting good stores, 10 or more restaurants, A Cavender's Western wear,  The largest Super Walmart I've ever been, and lots of other businesses.

We lived in Mustang, OK for 5 years.  4 of them was on this street

Our neighbor, Tommy.  He builds engines in a performance shop.  Been there over 30 years.

That was our house. The large tree in front was about 6 feet tall, and so thin, had be careful with the lawn mower not to mow it down.  It grew.  We move out of there 28 years ago.

The fire house is flying the flag to honor those lost 14 years ago on 9/11

New Hospital in Mustang

New gas station going in.  Many new businesses there since we've been gone

Where the Walmart is used to be a pasture where we spent the 4th of Julys.  City provided free food, big name singers and lots of fireworks.

A new Lowe's too

Thus used to be a motorcycle shop.  Spent a lot of time here, helping and visiting

Pat and I went in with 7 other couples, bought this corner and built this quick stop and car wash.  Was in the oil patch and had a lot of traffic back then.  We named it the "Quarter Back".  With any purchase of gas, we gave a quarter back.
Did good for awhile, until the oil business went away, and we lost a lot of traffic. We lost our investment. :-) It's very run down, but still in business.

The car wash at the Quarter Back

Our house sold faster than expected, so we rented this place for almost a year.  2 story, large back yard.  Big house that was pretty new then,

Was treated very good here. The guys in the Geek Squad were helpful.  They worked me in and got the new laptop set us so I can use it.  I spent several hours when I got back to the room downloading things I need to do what I do. Thankfully, I got Blogger working,  It didn't like the new Windows 10 browser, so after installing Google Chrome, I'ts working fine.

1 comment:

The Ranch said...

I was up in the city today too, had I known you were at Best Buy I would have shown ya the best taco stand in town. My shop is over at Council and Reno.