Followers

Friday, December 27, 2013

December 27. Mexico

Early morning "cut in the sun"  Jim is getting Shorn in the Desert.

Smells Heavenly!  On the street in Algodones, Mexico.  We all rode the bikes across the border today for a little food and frolic.

Favorite place to eat

The food is always good.  If you still hungry, you can have more.  if you say you don't like it, you don't have to pay.  I've never 'not' liked it.

We parked on the street a block away.  I put some thinks in my tail pack and locked Pat's rather expensive helmet to the bike.  Leaving mine loose.  After a couple of hours, or a little more, I got to thinking about my bike key.  Hmmm, not on my person.  Went back to the bike and found it in the helmet lock.  Since Algodones depends totally on tourist trade, it's patrolled heavily, and there is next to know theft in the down town area.  But, maybe next time I'll put the key in my pocket.

My favorite pedicure lady. There are a lot of shops that do it, and for a variety of prices.  I like this shop the best.  She spends almost an hour with messages from the knees down, and a wonderful hot oil treatment near the end.  Well worth the $13 plus a generous tip.

Men usually get black socks with the wax treatment, but she was teasing me today.  If you've never had a hot wax treatment, it's hard to explain how good it feels!

Our ladies patiently waiting while we enjoy ourselves in the beauty shop

David couldn't stand it, so he went in and got a hair cut.

I think the "Snowbird" lady in there was kept entertained listening to Jim and I.  At least we were entertaining ourselves :-)  It was a fun afternoon. 

No comments: