Followers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aug dirt ride & more

In a dry wash, about 15 miles from town.  A big cloud developing in the direction I was headed.

I think dust coming off dry Red Lake bed.  Looks like rain around it too

While thinking about turning around, I looked to my left, and this Girl was staring at me!  I didn't waste much time, left with a rooster tail of gravel behind me.

Was in my "Arizona Leathers" of shorts and sandals.  When I got to the pavement, I stopped to get the gravel out.  The cloud was still following me, but the cow was no where in sight. :-)

Same place, but looking the other direction.  By the time I got home, it was all nice again.  A good ride!
Hired a crew to do some yard work. This is one of the helpers.  Very interesting person.  It's not for our place, but for a friend/reletive's home here that is empty right now.
7 AM on Friday the 24th.  Headed up Stockton Hill Road to Lake Mead Store

Ed & Carl ride up here every Friday, all year long. The only place they buy lottery tickets.  They alternate between the 3 bikes apiece they own.   I usually ride the scooter or the XT

Lots of raft traffic.  They put in with a dozen customers up in the Grand Canyon, and get off near here at Pierce Ferry.  It's where the Colorado River becomes Lake Mead

Not a lot here, but 8 miles down the road is Meadview, a little larger town.

There are some pretty nice sweepers on this road.  Heading West now, it comes out on Highway 93 towards Las Vegas, but we'll head South before that. 

After getting home, I got the Harley out.  Fell in behind this tour group of 15.  Rented Harleys from Chicago.  The riders are all Swiss.  I followed them about 20 miles to the Hackberry Store where they stopped.  

Was able to get my regular parking place.  They probably didn't know the pumps are shut off.  They spoke very little, if any, English, but the tour guide did.

Chase van with trailer.  There are several of these groups every day, going both ways on Route 66.  It was 90 degrees, and they were all dressed in leather.  They were pretty warm when they got off the bikes. "All the gear, all the time" :-)

No comments: